Tuesday 2 September 2014

Foie Gras convert!


Garth and I checked out trip advisor for restaurants in Auxerre and saw that La Pause Gourmande was rated number two in the area because of its homemade Foie Gras. Garth loves foie gras, so, we decided to try and find it . As it turned out we had actually stopped there a few hours earlier and looked at their menu.  We decided that we would go for lunch the following day.  Gene and Evelyn joined us and the four of us had a fabulous lunch as you can see from the pictures. 


The Foie Gras

My scallops with edible flowers.

OMG - dessert to die for!

Creme Bruleee


Evelyn, the latest Foie Gras convert!
 About fifteen years ago we were skiing out west and all the Japanese tourist were taking pictures of the food in Banff - not the mountains or the elk walking around the street but the burgers and fries......I swore I would never take pictures of food but I just could not resist. I apologize to all the Japanese tourists I have made fun of over the years!

No comments:

Post a Comment